Thursday, September 11, 2008

Snowshoe Race III, by Mike


Mike Thomas, fresh off a season wrecking finger injury, stayed super focused through a retarded ordeal of a recovery process and finished on the Podium at the final Snoeshoe race of the season. Not only that, he was rocking his brand new Morewood Izumi DH bike! Mike, I hope you don't mind but I lifted this of your blog!


"I left home for Snowshoe Thursday afternoon in the rain and it didn't stop the whole way to Snowshoe. Late Thursday afternoon the trail crew at Snowshoe decided that they needed to change the track so it would hold up to the wet weather that was expected. Luckily the rain held off pretty well and didn't come back until a short shower Saturday afternoon. Practice went well with the occational crash every now and then. Come Sunday it was time to race, and I wasn't really sure how I would do. This would be my first race of the year and I had no expectations coming into it, I just wanted a nice clean run. Since I had no points from previous races, I was the first Elite guy down the track. Soon as they said GO, everything came together and I felt as if I had been racing all summer long. It was awesome, I just tore out of the gate with what seemed like endless energy on a track lined with people scattered all over watching. My run came together pretty well with just a small bobble, brushing against a tree with my left shoulder. When I got to the bottom everyone was yelling and I couldn't have been happier to be back in the game again, it felt awesome seeing everyone. I ended up the day with a 5th place, my best placing so far at Snowshoe. I had fun all weekend just cruising run after run with friends. Collegiate season starts this weekend, more updates to come..."


Congrats on everything Moto! Visit Mike's blog at motomike138.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Michael Thomas said...

haha no problem Matt! See ya at Paris Mtn this weekend?? If I recall we haven't ridden together since your crazy wreck on Black Mtn a couple years ago...way too long!