Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paris Mountain DH

Hated missing this one, this was the one chance I've had to race a hometown event but due to a commitment I had, I couldn't make it. My sources tell me it was one for the history books though. This was one of the best marketed races I've seen in a long time. It was professionally advertised and expertly promoted. From what I hear, the atmosphere had the same intensity as a big race like the open or an old school National series race. Spectators turned out en masse and the roster was stacked! This stretch of trail is one that we do on a weekly basis, so I knew the SEI crowd was going to be fired up. Sure enough, Mike, Jeremy, and Dave put it up in the top 10 while Steven pulled in a respectable 14th. Wish I could have joined my boys on my mountain, but maybe next year. From the response this race got, I have a feeling this won't be the last time Paris Mountain has a race!

No comments: